Say hello to Alex from Clouds in the Violet Haze, our guest blogger for this month! We challenged Alex to choose her favourite accessories for this Autumn and we just love her selection. Take a look at what she’s lusting after this season…
- 1. ASOS faux fur stripe scarf, 2. Cambridge Satchel Company Bag – MyBag, 3. Tsovet black and gold dial leather watch – MyBag, 4. Lulu Guinness Lips Satchel – Coggles.com, 5. Newlook red velvet t-bar shoes, 6. Grafea sixties rucksack – MyBag, 7. Topshop fur stole, 8. Accessorize faux fur bando, 9. Topshop brown fur trim boots, 10. Accessorize turquoise ring, 11. Maison Scotch floppy hat – MyBag
I’m a massive fiend for seasonal change overs, there’s nothing lovelier than seeing the leaves changing colour into crimson and gold hues and falling to the ground leaving a layer of beautiful crunchy leaves! So I thought I’d channel this love of mine into my other favourite thing: accessories, and bring you a little snippet of the wonderful autumn accessories that are out there to brighten any autumn outfit! As you can see, most of the items fit the seasonal colours of burgundy and brown which will help create on trend outfits for the season.
- The first item on my list had to be the ASOS faux fur stripe scarf! Is there anything more glorious than multicoloured striped fur creations? I definitely think there isn’t! This scarf is enough to brighten any rainy autumn day and is so on trend for the AW14 season! It’s extremely versatile and will keep even the coldest of necks toasty during the autumn/winter months.
- I know this bag isn’t really fitting with the season’s red and gold tones but who can resist a pastel even in winter? The Cambridge Satchel Company has been on my mind since I first laid eyes on the brand, of all places, Cambridge! The colour of this style is so beautiful and satchels are my go-to style of bag for work! This little number would be perfect for perking up a grey monday through autumn/winter!
- Every outfit needs some kind of arm candy included in it, and this watch would be the perfect addition to every autumn wardrobe! The black leather strap makes it such a versatile piece and it could be easily added to any outfit.
- Lulu Guinness is one of my all time favourite designers! Her signature pieces forever have me swooning and this bag is one of my personal favourites of a very large group of beauties (believe me, it was hard to choose). Another versatile piece that will see you right through until spring!
- Nothing says autumn/winter more than red velvet. These New Look t-bar flats are the perfect addition to any autumn wardrobe! The first thing that springs to mind when I see them is the festive season which makes both my feet and my brain very happy indeed!
- Sixties fashion is and always has been my go-to for inspiration. The shapes and patterns are beautiful and are so on trend for this season. This Grafea rucksack is a perfect way of channeling the sixties into any outfit and features a key print for this season: leopard print.
- It’s no secret if you’ve visited my blog recently that fur stoles have stolen my heart (like what I did there, heh). Wearing fur stoles makes every outfit seem a little more luxurious and they’re super handy for the chillier months for bringing warmth and fashion together.
- Another furry way of adding a bit of luxury to your outfit is in a headband! Mine was attached to my head constantly last year and I’m happy they’re still on trend this year.
- These Topshop boots were on my wishlist last year and I never managed to snap up a pair, so you can imagine my happiness when I came across them again in store over the weekend! They’re real suede and feature a bit of fur around the ankles to add even more warmth to your tootsies – the perfect winter boot in my eyes!
- Because no accessories wishlist would be complete without a bit of statement jewelry, I’ve added this beautiful turquoise ring to my list of autumn lovelies. This ring will add a bit of beauty to any autumn outfit! Rings are a big thing for A/W14, the trends seem to be the more the merrier when it comes to rings and I think this blue beauty would be perfect for this!
- This hat is a personal favourite of mine because of my love of fedora and floppy hats that appeared earlier this year! There’s not simpler way of creating on trend outfits than by adding a good hat and with the autumn weather being so unpredictable there’s no way you’ll have a bad hair day in one of these beauties! The Maison Scotch burgundy floppy hat is a personal favourite of mine for autumn and winter as it will be teamed so effortlessly with the prints and colours of all the new autumn pieces on the highstreet and I can’t wait to get my little mits on one!
- Last but certainly not least is this French Connection Meissa Tote bag which is just too lovely for words. It’s so simple and yet would bring so much to an outfit! It’s roomy enough for even the biggest handbag content hoarders!
I hope I’ve managed to provide some accessory ideas to see you through autumn/winter. Let me know which is your favourite piece!
Thank you to MyBag for letting me guest blog for them and if you liked reading this I’m over here.
See you next time,