2015 is upon us, it seems to have crept up out of nowhere even though we had a full 365 days to prepare! As it’s the first day of the year, it’s time to set out our New Year’s resolutions and aim to be better people than we were in 2014, even if it only lasts for January…
January is the perfect time to get a fresh start and we are starting with a detox, something that is definitely needed after the indulgence of the festive season. We have put together a simple guide to help you overhaul your health, fitness and skincare routines to get rid of every last trace of mince pie, champagne and Quality Street with the health experts over at Mankind
A detox after weeks of indulgence is a great way to give your body a fresh start, it will help to cleanse your body of all of the toxins you have been filling it with over Christmas, take a look below at our fool proof tips to get you refreshed.
- Drink plenty of water. Your body will most likely be dehydrated after the festive season (unless you were very well behaved) so drinking around 6-8 glasses a day will help to rehydrate and flush out the toxins. You should notice an improvement in your skin, alertness and general well-being within just a few days!
- Cut down on alcohol and caffeinated drinks, you may find that this is a difficult for the first couple of days but after that you’ll feel so much better and your body will be more hydrated. Try hot water and lemon in the morning instead, it will get your digestive system back on track!
- Steer clear of fruit juice and opt for vegetables and fruit like blueberries and plums, this will help you to detoxify and skipping fruit juice will avoid the sugar hit.
- Try out a detox kit like the David Kirsch Ultimate Detox kit to get your health kick started, it contains everything you need for a five day detox!
- Regular exercise is key for getting your body back in action as well as helping to take out all the toxins, use every opportunity to exercise even if it’s just taking the stairs instead of the lift or going for a brisk walk at lunch time, it all adds up.
- For effective weight loss and increased fitness levels try HIIT (high intensity interval training) which can be done easily at home, weight training or exercise classes at your local gym. Or try joining a running club to help get you motivated!
- To get your skin in tip top condition, start with a deep cleansing mask to remove any impurities and to purify skin. The Mankind experts recommend the REN Clarimatte Invisible Pores Detox Mask, it’s great for removing excess oil, deep cleansing, eliminating dead skin cells and encouraging cell renewal.
We’d love to hear your New Year’s resolutions, leave us a comment below to let us know what you’re planning to change in 2015!