Can you think of anything better than a cocktail in the sun right now? No, neither can I. The sunny seasons are finally here and a drink in hand is a staple summer essential, alongside our sunnies and our SPF. Bored of a simple G&T and looking to level up? Here’s what you should be mixing up with the best zodiac cocktails for each star sign
With your high-energy creative side and your openness to try new things, you’re not one to run away from big flavours. Changing up tradition is in your nature, so a pink champagne sangria is a perfect cocktail for an Aquarius, combining a Spanish bohemian favourite with a fresh twist.
To make a full pitcher, you’ll need:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
2 cups ruby red grapefruit juice
1 cup Pomegranate juice
1 bottle Barefoot Bubbly Pink Moscato
sliced grapefruit, pomegranate, and fresh mint for garnish
1. Heat water, sugar, and chopped mint in a small saucepan over medium/high heat. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes. Set aside. This makes a syrup to keep your sangria sweet with rich flavours. If you’re in a rush though, you can skip this and simply combine all the ingredients well.
2. In a pitcher, combine the mint simple syrup, both juices, and the full bottle of pink champagne. Stir to combine.
3. Throw in grapefruit slices and pomegranate, chill for a couple of hours then enjoy.
Though on the surface you may seem reserved and classic, there’s a risk-taker hidden underneath. You like classics with a twist, so try out a pink negroni infusing a staple cocktail with new flavours of Aperol.
35ml pink gin
25ml rose vermouth
A wedge of pink grapefruit to garnish
Combine the pink gin, vermouth and Aperol in a tumbler with a small handful of ice. Stir until the outside of the glass feels cold and serve.
Aries traits are all based around being bold and ambitious, so try a drink to suit. The best Aries zodiac cocktail has to be a mai tai with big flavour to match your vibe.
2 tbsp white rum
2 tbsp dark rum
2 tbsp triple sec
1 tbsp grenadine
1 tbsp almond syrup
Juice of half a lime
Maraschino cherries to serve
Simply stir all the ingredients together in a jug or shake them in a cocktail shaker. Pour over ice and garnish with a cherry.
You live for extravagance and luxury, so if a Taurus were a cocktail, you’d definitely be a martini. Mix in a nod to your more sensitive side with a fruity twist and try a peach martini, we’re dreaming about one right now.
60ml vanilla vodka
30ml peach schnapps
60ml peach nectar
15ml fresh lime juice
Peach slice, for garnish
Just shake all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker, serve and enjoy.
The Gemini personality is built on duplicity. Half of you prefers the sweet side to life, and half wants something a little sour; so, get the best of both worlds. The best cocktail for your zodiac; a pomegranate margarita, the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
2 Lime wedges
125ml white tequila
60ml Triple Sec
120ml pomegranate juice
1 lime, juiced
1. Pour the salt onto a plate or shallow dish. With a lime wedge, rub the rim of each glass. Dip the glasses upside down into the salt, to salt the rims. Fill the glasses with ice.
2. In a cocktail shaker with ice, add the tequila, triple sec, pomegranate juice and lime juice. Shake it up then pour into your salt-rimmed glasses and top off with some soda water.
3. Garnish each glass with a lime wedge and enjoy in the sun.
Could we BE any more obsessed? From perfect jeans to formalwear, Monica Geller's outfits are providing up with all the 90s style inspo we need. These are the style lessons to learn from our favourite character.
You like feeling safe and secure, so the perfect zodiac cocktail for a cancer sign should be something recognisable with classic flavours. How does a blueberry mojito sound?
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons sugar
A small handful of mint leaves
1/4 cup white rum
Lime wedge for garnish
1. Add blueberries, lime juice, sugar and eight mint leaves to a cocktail shaker. Use a cocktail muddler to mix blueberries and mint into the lime juice and sugar.
2. Add rum and stir well before pouring over ice, leaving about an inch of room to top off with soda. Serve with extra blueberries, mint leaves, and a lime slice.
Extroverted, bold and brave; Leos everything about you is big and bright. So, make a zodiac cocktail to match. Packing a punch and full of flavour, for a Leo zodiac cocktail has to be a tequila sunrise
1 1/2 oz. tequila
3 oz. Fresh orange juice – The sharper the better
1 tsp grenadine
Maraschino cherries to serve
Shake the tequila and orange juice together in a cocktail shaker, then pour over ice.
2. At the last minute, add the grenadine and stir gently to create a layer of red. Garnish with a cherry and enjoy.
Virgos are perfectionists, you like nice things made well. You’re all about simple luxuries with a sweet twist. So the perfect cocktail for this star sign? You can’t go wrong with a strawberry daiquiri.
50ml spiced rum
25ml Fresh lime juice
25ml sugar syrup
3 Fresh chopped strawberries
1. Fill your cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the rum, sugar syrup and lime juice. Throw in your chopped strawberries and give it all a shake for about 10/15 seconds.
2. Strain into a martini glass and add a strawberry for an extra little touch.
You’re romantic and always looking for the best. You like everything to be fair and in its right place, so opt for a cocktail that’s easy drinking and not too harsh on the palette. How about a cosmopolitan?
45ml lemon vodka
15ml triple sec
30ml cranberry juice
10ml lime juice
Simply shake all the ingredients well with ice and strain into a glass. So easy, so tasty.
You’re independent and unafraid to ruffle a few feathers. Your zodiac cocktail needs to be something a little different and not too sweet. A whiskey sour is rich with a twist, the perfect drink for your dark side.
35ml lemon juice
12ml sugar syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters
½ fresh egg white
Give it all a shake and strain into a short glass filled with ice.
You pride yourself on your productivity, being the mum of the group that always holds it together, so your drink needs to reflect this sophistication. Keeping it classy, shake yourself up an espresso martini.
1 tbsp sugar syrup
50ml freshly brewed espresso coffee
50ml coffee liqueur
4 coffee beans to garnish.
1. Add 1 tbsp of sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker along with a handful of ice, the vodka, espresso and coffee liqueur. Shake until the outside of the cocktail shaker feels icy cold.
2. Strain into a martini glass slowly to create a nice layer of froth. Top with coffee beans for full-on luxury.
Capricorns signs are careful by day and fun-loving by night, so your cocktail needs to be something to reflect your caution and your chaos. Nothing does both quite like a long island iced tea; easy drinking but hard-hitting. It’s easiest to make this in a bigger batch, so this recipe makes 4 tall glasses.
50ml vanilla vodka
50ml triple sec
50-100ml fresh lime juice
2 limescut into wedges
1. Pour the vodka, gin, tequila, rum and triple sec into a large jug and add lime juice to taste. Half fill the jug with ice, then stir until the outside feels cold.
2. Once all the booze is combined, slowly pour in your coke and add in your lime wedges and stir again before serving.